A 2 day workshop that covers it all. You will learn how to make your master “original” design. This will be sculpted by you and we will discuss a number of materials that can be used for this. Once you have made your design you will learn how to make a mould using Silicon. This mould will be yours and an original design by you. We will than cast resin into your mould using Epoxy resin which is slow curing resin.
No experience is necessary, open to all.
* Correct mixing procedures
* Colour choices and mixing to achieve 'custom' colours and effects
* A discussion on what will and won't work when embedding items in resin
* Avoiding over and under 'pours'
* Filing, drilling and sanding procedures
* How to achieve a professional finish for your work
* Resin - for your chosen number of items!
* All colourants, dyes and pigments
* The use of pre-made moulds during the course
* Extensive notes
* Gloves and masks
* Sandpaper and polishing materials
Your MATERIALS FEE is included in the class cost.
* Please wear old clothes, resin is impossible to get out of fabric.
* Notebook, pen
* Apron or old shirt
OH&S protocols at SJS require all students to wear CLOSED IN shoes, long hair should be tied back. We recommend wearing glasses instead of contact lenses and wearing minimal jewellery when working in a studio environment.
|DATE||Aug 12+Aug 13|
|DAY||Saturday + Sunday|
|TIME||10:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
|VENUE||Sydney Jewellery School|
|SKILL LEVEL||No previous experience necessary/|
Can't make the scheduled class time?
Register here for early notifcation
on when this class is rescheduled.